Senior Data Scientist
North Palm Beach, Florida
Applications have closed
Posted 8 months ago
As a health information software development and systems integration company, DSS, Inc. is currently in need of a Data Scientist, Senior to join our innovations/analytics team. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced candidate to become part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analytics tools for health information software which can have a positive impact on our clients and the patients they serve.
- Develop innovative ideas and methods for using analytics, machine learning, and AI for healthcare software and service solutions.
- Creating experimental frameworks for product development and machine learning with the aim to lay a strong data foundation for robust analytics.
- Research and develop statistical learning models and algorithms for data analysis.
- Collaborate with product management and development departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions within our products.
- Implement new statistical or mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to optimize user experiences, improve revenue generation, and improve patient outcomes.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a comparable position. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, Perl, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Sisense.
- Extensive background in database programming, data mining and statistical analysis.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Possess technical competencies including statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, and reporting technologies.
- Familiar with the following software tools: Coding knowledge and experience with several languages including: C#, Angular JS, Python, R and .NET.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: Natural Language Processing, GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using web services.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, AWS, MS Azure etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered for this position (10+ year of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree)
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
To view the full description and to apply go to www.dssinc.com/careers