Machine Learning Scientist - Machine Translation
Posted 8 months ago
Amazon is looking for creative Applied Scientists to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of Machine Translation (MT), Machine Learning (ML), and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
The successful candidate will develop novel MT technologies and contribute to translation systems used throughout Amazon to remove language barriers and serve the translation needs of our customers. They will have a true passion for working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment that encourages thinking about optimized solutions to unique problems that do not yet have a known science solution.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement novel algorithms and modeling techniques to leverage and advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas that are found at the intersection of MT, ML, NLP, and Deep Learning. Your work will directly impact Amazon products and you will gain hands on experience with service architectures, large-scale computing resources, and corresponding scientific challenges.
In this role you will:
· Work collaboratively with scientists and developers to design and implement automated, scalable MT models;
· Drive scalable solutions from the business, to prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production;
· Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
· Ph.D. in NLP, ML, or another highly quantitative field
· Publications in top-tier NLP and ML conferences and journals
· 3+ years of recent development experience in Python, Java, or other high-level programming language
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· Strong communication skills
· 2+ years post-doc or industry experience
· Experience with neural machine translation and deep learning frameworks