Machine Learning Research Intern, Winter 2021 + Summer 2022
About The Role & Team
The Data Science and Machine Learning team enables Amplitude to incorporate sophisticated machine learning and data mining solutions into our systems to allow our customers to better understand their users’ behaviors, and thus improve user engagement and business outcomes. As we are serving thousands of customers across different industries with a wide range of prediction and recommendation tasks based on heterogeneous data assets, many important yet unique data challenges arise, which call for new machine learning solutions.
We are looking for top machine learning talents to join us in developing next-generation machine learning technologies to solve these challenges that will have a profound impact on hundreds of thousands of digital businesses. Our ambitious machine learning for product analytics agenda includes but is not limited to:
- Temporal user behavior data embedding and user subtyping for retention analysis, attrition point detection, user journey summarization and understanding, prototype user retrieval, and personalized user engagement; Multimodal product and user graph embedding for product relevance scoring, ranking, and recommendation.
- Federated analytics for privacy-preserving collection of metrics to measure the impact of product features and to optimize machine learning models.
- Causal structure learning and multi-armed bandit for automated experimentation.
- Influence function construction for measuring effects of product features;
- Machine learning for go-to-market and marketing, e.g., customer health scoring for identifying whether customers are at risk, high-potential, top-engaged, high performance.
As a Machine Learning Research Intern, you will:
- Innovating and implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms on distributed platforms to solve real-world product analytics and user behavior modeling problems.
- Designing new algorithms to find predictive patterns that combine heterogeneous data assets, including sequential user events data, unstructured text, and knowledge graph.
- Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- A master’s or Ph.D. degree in a top computer science program with extensive research experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, optimization, natural language processing, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
- Track record in developing machine learning solutions using massive real-world data for solving real-world business problems.
- Track record in publishing with leading CS venues (e.g., NeurIPS, AAAI, ICML, KDD, ICLR, etc)
- Experience in Python with additional experience in Java and Scala.
- In-depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
Who We Are
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as our innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the DataMonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs