Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
Remote - US
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer, you will be involved and responsible for full ownership and driving key machine learning platform initiatives to improve the life cycle of machine learning including training data management, training, and hyperparameter tuning systems, ML inference microservices, feature, and model drift monitoring, and cost reduction efforts towards delivering product features and value to the KeepTruckin customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to grow our ML Platform team. ML Platform team is responsible for driving KeepTruckin's ML. The team works in three areas:
- Building shared ML platform for AI/ML Inference and training
- Working closely with the Computer Vision team on models generated from our Dashcam data
- Working closely with the Data Science team on other modeling efforts using the rest of our IoT and application data.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
You are excited about this opportunity because you will have:
- Opportunity to drive the new product initiatives within KT.
- Opportunity to learn and contribute to computer vision-enabled safety products
- Opportunity to learn and grow in machine learning technologies.
- Opportunity to make an impact across hardware and software technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading and driving from requirements, scoping, design, development, deployment of machine learning systems.
- Scaling up models and tune parameters to improve system performance.
- Building software that improves training and inference times, cost of running inference in production, rate of experimentation, reducing iteration time, and helps you and the team make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- Self-starter and someone who takes and drives initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to train and debug machine learning systems: Defining metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern ML framework (such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.)
- Familiarity with current ML literature and the common types of models and layers, etc.
- Strong background in Python development with Linux. You write clean, correct code while iterating on experiments in Python. Ability to understand and contribute to Python-based software is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the infrastructure e.g. K8s, CI/CD, Docker, and others.
- Excellent automation, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of operations and building distributed systems at scale.
- Good understanding and experience in building data and machine learning systems.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs