Data Analyst Intern
Omaha, NE, Lincoln, NE, or Remote
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We need a high-achieving problem-solver to join our Decision Science team. You’ll use the incredible amount of data we have to help others at Hudl make better decisions. Your work will have a lot of variety.
Before we go into details, there are a few important things you should know about this internship:
- We're preferably looking for someone in any graduate program (e.g. Masters, PhD) to join us immediately who can stick with our team for the next year.
- Applicants must be able to take on a minimum of 15-20 hours a week.
- Applicants must be able to work both during the summer months and the school year.
If you can meet all of those requirements for us, read on.
Our Decision Science team serves other internal teams at Hudl to help them make better choices with the enormous amount of data we have. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to better understand user behavior over time or run data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals.
Here's a handful of examples of projects we're working on:
- Modeling out terabytes of data to ingest in our business intelligence tools for easy querying and visualization.
- Building a predictive model to assess the likelihood that a customer will renew.
- Crunching numbers to guide product development of our features to drive engagement and pull more users into the Hudl platform.
As an intern, you'll work right alongside our full-time analysts. In particular, we want an intern with enough knowledge and intuition to understand how to gather insights from a set of data. We need someone who can learn new technical skills quickly. And, we like SQL experience.
- Not one for the status quo. “That’s the way we’ve always done it” isn’t in your vocabulary. You constantly look for ways to innovate, make things better, more efficient. Good is never good enough.
- The type that gets stuff done. You identify with your work. You’re restless without a project on your task list. You have a list of finished projects that you can look back on with a lot of pride.
- Analytical. Making judgements based on instinct raises a red flag for you. You think data is more important than viewpoints.
- A Business Partner. You can communicate with stakeholders to solve their data challenges by asking the right questions and delivering the best results.
- Comfortable with SQL. You’ve coded in SQL and can utilize those skills on day 1.
- Deliver value. You will fulfill analytic requests from Hudlies in multiple departments.
- Visualize Data. You will build out data visualizations and dashboards to help our employees make more informed decisions.
- Build data models and reports. You will write SQL scripts to pull, aggregate, and display data for internal teams at Hudl and help them interpret the results.
- Plan and coordinate analytic projects. You will help our team manage tasks and communication for large scale projects across multiple departments.
- Solve problems. You will work closely with the rest of our Data Analytics and Data Engineering teams on how to best solve a problem or question posed by our internal squads. You’ll conduct research to report the good, the bad, and the ugly around opportunities to drive growth and increase engagement.
- Treat you like a full-time employee. You're part of the team—that means you'll have real responsibilities and the opportunity to make a big impact at Hudl. We want to hear what you think and will often ask you to weigh in on team decisions.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Provide career growth. Our internships are a great complement to your degree. We offer year-round internship experiences with the potential to extend over the course of your educational career.
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs