Internship in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Posted 1 month ago
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. Using the latest scientific techniques and advanced analysis methods, we find patterns in large, noisy data to produce world-beating predictive research.
– 10 week summer programme (July to September 2020)
– 09:00-17:30 working hours
– Based in Central London
Joining G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme, you will be given a meaningful and challenging research project that demands the application of innovative yet pragmatic mathematical and computational analysis.
The last two years have been a period of very rapid development in NLP – NLP’s “ImageNet moment” – driven by advances including contextualized word embeddings, massive pre-trained language models, and novel neural network architectures. At G-Research we are applying these tools to NLP tasks such as Named Entity Recognition and Entity Linking, Sentiment Analysis, Knowledge Graphs and Topic Modelling, working with enormous amounts of text. NLP summer researchers will have the opportunity to work on projects using the latest NLP techniques applied to real-world financial datasets.
For the duration of the internship, you will collaborate with one of our Quantitative Researchers who will act as a mentor as you work on your independent project. You will receive structured feedback and reviews to help you to improve and develop, culminating in a final presentation of your research ideas to senior management. Upon successful completion of the programme, many interns are offered the opportunity to join us full-time once they have completed their studies.
Taking part in G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme will give you an in-depth insight into our academic approach to the world of quantitative finance and allow you to explore the thriving city of London, while you get to know your fellow interns and colleagues through a full itinerary of fun social events.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will, at minimum, have experience in the following areas:
- Strong background in mathematics, computer science, statistics or engineering
- Intermediate level of programming in at least one OO language e.g. Python
- An interest in applying machine learning, deep learning and NLP techniques to real-world problems
Previous experience in finance is not required, although an interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus accommodation allowance
- Active G-Research community with weekly intern activities
- Company-wide summer party and weekend away
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines