Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure
Do you want to be part of a growing machine learning organization that uses the insights gleaned from petabytes of data to create tailored and magical game experiences for millions of players? Niantic, the developer of Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is looking for a strong machine learning infrastructure engineer interested in building a large scale machine learning platform to empower internal teams to efficiently leverage machine learning technology. As a tech lead, you will lead a small team of engineers to construct a reliable and highly scalable machine learning platform with the latest ML industrial practice. Our goal is to provide tooling that allows Niantic machine learning engineers and scientists to focus on what they are good at --- building models, and facilitate experimenting and launching machine learning models into a production environment.
- Design a large-scale machine learning platform, and collaboratively implement it with the team.
- Collaborate with a talented group of machine learning scientists and use their knowledge to inform the design of the machine learning platform and tools.
- Collaborate with game teams to get your code into our games and the Lightship platform.
- Work with engineering leadership to help shape the roadmap and processes of our growing ML and Data organization.
- 6+ years of professional experience in building large-scale backend systems.
- 2+ years of experience in building large-scale machine learning infrastructure, preferably on a cloud platform.
- Strong software engineering practices and experience with the full software development lifecycle that includes coding, code reviews, testing, design/architecture, deployment, and documentation.
- A BSc, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical fields.
- You have experience working with open source machine learning platform, e.g., Kubeflow, Apache Spark, MLFlow.
- You have experience working with large scale data processing engines, e.g. Apache Spark, GCP Cloud Dataflow.
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar cloud infrastructure frameworks.
- Previous experience with launching ML systems into production environment serving large scale use cases.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs