Linux Big Data Engineer
Posted 8 months ago
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
You will be critical in driving the expansion of Linux, Hadoop, and associated technologies and their reach within G-Research. You will use these technologies to build systems of high quality, with a focus on scalability, resiliency, security and automation.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Linux OS core principles, performance and tuning
- Scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash)
- Automation via the use of configuration management (such as Puppet or Chef) and orchestration tools (such as Ansible)
- Architecting, implementing and supporting applications running on Linux.
The following would be advantageous, but not necessary:
- Designing, running and troubleshooting Hadoop clusters
- Batch and streaming job frameworks (such as Spark, Storm)
- NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Middleware and messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, FTL, Ultra Messaging)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines