Data Engineer (Wroclaw, Poland)
Wrocław, Dolnośląskie, Poland
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation we have successfully delivered more than 50 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
We are opening new office in Wroclaw and looking for new talents to join our team
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Krakow. As a member of agile project teams, your mission will be to build solutions and infrastructure aiming at solving business problems of our clients.
- You are a proficient software engineer who knows the fundamentals of computer science and you master at least one widely adopted programming language (Python, Java, C#, C++).
- You know how to write distributed services and work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Spark.
- You are knowledgeable about ontology, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You have strong client-facing skills: comfortable to interact with clients (business & technical audience), deliver presentations, problem-solving mindset.
- You are customer-focused and you have a service-oriented mindset.
- You are willing to travel to meet with our clients and the team (mainly in Europe and outside covid time).
- You are eligible to register as sole trader (self-employment) in Poland. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do the registration, we can help with that.
What You’ll Do
Unit8 is growing at a fast pace and your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges. In general, you will:
These are some examples of projects that we have been working on:
- Building real time production line monitoring system for Pharmaceutical Industry. Technologies: AWS, EKS, CloudFormation, Docker, Python
- Building system for calculating and delivering global climate score for Insurance Industry. Technologies: PySpark, Python, Proprietary Data Processing Platform
- Building a generic data science platform including a data lake for Chemical Industry. Technologies: Azure, ML Studio, Data Factory, Databricks, Spark
In general, you will:
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data pipelines and processing systems that are relied on for both production and analytics applications, using variety of open-source and closed-source technologies .
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business
- Exposure to wide variety of projects, industries and technologies. Each client is different and provides unique opportunities to learn
- Ability to contribute to internal open-source projects like Darts (https://github.com/unit8co/darts) or our MLOps platform
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Self-employment flexibility linked with B2B contract
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company
- 10% of the time for self-development
- 30 paid days off
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events (off-site or on-line) as well as Fun Fund to spend with the team on after work activities
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs