Senior Data Scientist
Santa Clara, California
Palo Alto Networks
Posted 3 months ago
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Cortex is the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform,
Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets. To learn more about our AI-based innovation for cybersecurity on Cortex Platform and Cortex Data Lake, please click here.
We are looking for Big Data Software Engineers for our Cortex Platform team. Cortex Platform hosts data for thousands of customers. Besides ingesting massive amounts of data we also develop services to manage resources and metadata of the data lake. We are looking for a critical thinker with experience prioritizing and negotiating several competing efforts, and maintaining productivity through numerous context changes.
- Participate in all phases of Agile methodology (planning, grooming, coding sprint items)
- Participate in design sessions; work with product owners to create functional requirements
- Assist other team members with questions and provide guidance
- Promote and demonstrate good coding practice and patterns for the team
- Support multiple services in production, test and dev environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
Experience designing and developing applications and components using Java
- Understanding of microservices-based deployments with the ability to design services
- Experience with distributed computing and object-oriented design and analysis
- Strong relational database skills and working with Open Source Development managing large data sets
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Messaging/Integration Patterns
- Experience in the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, peer review, and operations
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process)
- Experience in continuous integration and design
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience in Data Lake resource management
- Familiarity in Big Data technologies like Hive, Kafka, Hadoop, SQL, developing APIs
- Experience with Spring frameworks and RESTful interfaces
- Build Management tools (Gradle, maven) and performance
- Experience in developing services in the cloud/Kubernetes
- Familiarity working with GCP or other Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.