Data Scientist Lead
Singapore (Cecil Court)
Posted 8 months ago
Get to know our Team:
Grab’s lending business (GFSA – Grab Financial Services Asia) is a recent addition to Grab’s array of product and service offerings focused on extension of Micro credit to drivers, agents and merchants in Grab’s ecosystem. GFSA team is a combination of strong talent pool in its Regional Hub (Singapore) and deep local market operators across its focus markets. We are incredibly excited about the opportunity ahead of us. We are looking to put together the best possible combination of business build drive, industry expertise and local market depth as part of our team. GFSA team is responsible for end to end conceptualisation, design, development, execution and ongoing management of all lending activities in its focus markets and segments.
- Develop a deep behavioural understanding and intuition of our drivers, agents and merchants to build predictive models for credit risk, collections, fraud, SME analytics and other business needs for Grab Financial Lending business.
- Manage and own the entire end-to-end lifecycle of building and validating predictive models along with their deployment and maintenance.
- Interface with business, risk & operation teams to formulate solutions & product changes informed by your findings and business inputs/reality, esp. for Collections and SME risk analytics
- Team managing role with at least 8+ years of experience.
- Work independently or in a team to solve complex problem statements.
- The day-to-day activities: Execute on core elements of the 'Data Strategy' for the lending business.
- Build predictive models using a mix of machine learning and traditional analytics methods.
- Validate models on new datasets, based on in-market performance.
- Engineer predictive features from internal data assets to build refined customer profiles. Identify external data assets to bring into the model mix.
- Solve previously unsolved analytics problems using best in class data analytics and machine learning methodologies.
- Work backwards to conceptualise and design analytic model frameworks to solve business problems.
- Strong communication skills to share your learnings, lead with the given strategy, get multiple stakeholders to buy into the vision and execution of the analytics roadmap.
The Must Haves:
- Experience in problem solving, especially in the Fintech and lending domain.
- Expert in building machine learning and predictive models in Python and Spark.
- Coding and modelling skills in Spark, Python, Java. Others like SAS, R good to have.
- Sound knowledge of machine learning concepts. Illustrative machine learning concepts/methods are: Bagging, Boosting, Regularisation, Online Learning, Recommendation Engines etc.
- Sound knowledge of statistical modelling methods. For e.g. CHAID CART, Regressions, SVD, PCA etc.
- Expert in feature creation on a variety of data types.
- Professional experience in building machine learning analytics model development
- Understanding of trade-offs between model performance and business needs.
- Strong problem-solving mindset is critical for success in this role.
- Team leading experience
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and enjoy sharing knowledge with team members
- Work experience and knowledge of more than one domain is a plus - Risk Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Telecom analytics, Retail analytics, Fraud analytics etc.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.