Machine Learning Engineer
Netherlands - Remote
Machine Learning Engineer
It turns out… unicorns are real! In fact, FreshBooks just became one after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion. And ever since launching in 2003, we’ve been on a steady incline towards one goal: Building easy-to-use accounting software for small business owners. It’s the goal that’s driven us to expand into five offices, serving customers in over 160 countries. And it’s the goal we’d love for you to be a part of as a member of our global team as we continue our journey.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to build and support the delivery of machine learning-driven features for our platform. The perfect candidate has deep technical skills and is comfortable working in an evolving technology infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of creative and passionate individuals committed to solving real world problems with modern ML practices.
The role will collaborate with data scientists and data engineers, to convert trained models and data products that power various user-facing features and internally focused tools. The ML engineer will be responsible for bringing the best software development practices to the data team and building out an MLOps practice.
What you’ll do:
- Work with data scientists deploy machine learning models in production.
- Build data processing pipelines in support of data analysis and machine learning tasks.
- Transform ML Prototypes into data products that can be used by different business units.
- Optimize current ML models built by data scientists, for performance and scalability.
- Provide support to Data Engineers to ensure reliable data flow between different parts of the data ecosystem
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience helping to deliver a variety of business projects with a proven track record of delivery excellence that span multiple departments and goals
- Knowledge of the following technologies
- Java, Scala, Python, R and SQL
- Rest API and Flask
- BigQuery, Redis or Cassandra
- Data processing frameworks such as Spark
- Experience with MLOps and CI/CD for ML enabled applications
- Experience with container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with ML libraries (scikit-learn, Spark Mlib, TensorFlow, Pytorch)
- Knowledge of scalable, distributed ML systems on Google Cloud Platform
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs