Manager, Data Science
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Posted 8 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Data Science
San Mateo, CA
As a Manager of Data Science on the Customer Lifecycle Management team, you will be an ambassador of data science to language understanding, marketing, product and engineering teams by translating technical information and findings into understandable language in order to drive behavioral change and customer experience across channels with the ultimate purpose of improving customer experience, increasing customer engagement, and determining next-best-action across critical journeys on the PlayStation around the world.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand and define modeling and analytic requirements and translate business problems into questions that data science can answer
- Work closely with a team of data scientists on key initiatives by merging model output with other business data, identifying important stories, and communicating insights to the business
- Use impactful visuals, narratives, and storytelling to develop compelling presentations for technical and non-technical stakeholders that describe models or provide insights about the impact of our initiatives
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate insights derived from model development and validation, experimental results, and ad-hoc deep dives
- Determine model quality by analyzing model results, validating chosen methodologies and metrics, quantifying model impact, and identifying bias and communicate results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analyze results from A/B/n experiments to evaluate performance and communicate results to model developers for further optimization in subsequent iterations
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of model relationships with other models, known groups of interest, and key performance indicators and communicate results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Challenge assumptions and push teams to ask the right questions, and then deliver the right answers
- Advocate for data-forward thinking within marketing, product management and engineering teams
- 3+ years of professional experience in data-driven visualization and storytelling in a Data Analyst role, preferably for a digital entertainment business
- Curious business mindset with an ability to boil down technical approaches and complex findings into simple and compelling narratives that drive change
- Experience creating data visualizations and storytelling to effectively communicate data science models and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability to balance art and science when visually communicating information
- Extensive experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, Grafana or D3
- Strong proficiency in SQL-based languages
- Excellent business acumen, and the ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders with both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Experience working globally, collaboratively and cross-functionally and influencing without authority
- Obsession with data quality and accuracy
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.