Machine Learning: Applied Researcher
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Cookpad is a tech company building a community platform that enables people to share recipe ideas and cooking tips. It’s a global platform used by on average around 100 million people every month across the world. Over 4 million recipes have been created by people in more than 70 countries. How we got started.
Our mission is to make everyday cooking fun. We believe we can build a better world through encouraging even more people to cook. Everyday, home cooking has a profound impact on ourselves and the world around us: it makes us healthier and connects us with our friends and family. Through solving the problems related to everyday cooking, we help people live happier and healthier lives in an environment that is more sustainable. That’s how we want to impact the world.
Cookpad is one of Japan's best known tech companies, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and was already highly successful before launching globally in 2013. With strong backing we have spent the last few years building the global platform and we are now in our commercialisation phase of the business.
Our goal is to be the number one recipe sharing platform in 100 countries by 2021. It’s an ambitious target which means we need to constantly adapt and enhance our service in response to feedback from our users.
Joining Cookpad as a Machine Learning Researcher is a career defining opportunity. Our Machine Learning Research team is growing and has already attracted high level talent in NLP and image processing. You will work at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build video, text, speech and action interfaces.
As an Applied Researcher in the Machine Learning team at Cookpad you will:
- Build industry leading ML features and services, including recommendation systems and search for the global recipe sharing platform
- Research, code and deliver alongside our product and engineering team to test and release new features to millions of users worldwide
- Creatively inform future roadmap and product directions by suggesting new types of data and methods to engage our users
- Adapt and maintain deployed ML models, services and data pipelines to continuously enhance user experience and improve engineering practices
- Keep updated with the latest breakthroughs to both learn from the wider research community and share research at world class conferences
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of ML-related work, or an ML-focused Ph.D in Computer Science
- Experience in developing machine learning algorithms for production environments at large-scale (recommendation systems, search, etc.)
- Track record translating product and feature requirements into Machine Learning solution
- Understanding of software development and machine learning practices: data pipelines, API workflows, CI/CD deployments, DataOps, MLOps
- Experience with Machine learning frameworks such as sklearn, Pytorch, Tensorflow/Keras and others
Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting is essential - Cookpad teams are geographically dispersed with a common purpose. We are proud that the team in our Bristol office comprises over 30 different nationalities.
Also essential is a passion for Cookpad’s mission and scaling up an international tech business.
Why join Cookpad?
People join Cookpad to be part of something bigger - to make a difference.
We offer competitive salaries and all the benefits you’d expect, including a generous 7% employer pension contribution, private medical insurance + cycle to work,, and workplace nursery schemes.
We started working from home in the very early stage of the pandemic to keep our members safe. Along with relaxed restrictions, our office is operated with limited capacity at the moment but expecting to recover. Before the pandemic, we did a few things you might not expect. From breakfast to team lunches, from pilates to cooking lessons, from time off for voluntary work to company socials.
We believe that the space we work in is important. We’ve created beautiful, innovative workspaces that reflect our culture and values, and are confident that we will once again have a very vibrant work environment when we return to some level of normality.
What happens next?
We’re building a global product with a global team that’s full of world-class talent. Our hiring process is designed to let your talent shine and for us to get to know each other so we know we’re the right fit.
- When we receive your application, it’s reviewed by one of your peers to see if your experience and skills are a match for what we’re looking for in the role. If they are, one of our Talent team will get in touch for a chat. If you’re a developer, it’s great to see some of your sample code via a Github, Stackoverflow, or BitBucket profile.
- For most roles we’ll then ask you to complete a tech assignment or task; or maybe to provide some sample code.
- The final step is to meet the team: mainly your team but also people from other teams, including the leadership team. We respect your time so this can happen all in one day or over a couple of visits.
The Cookpad team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs