Data Engineer, Financial Data
Data Engineer, Financial Data
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The Global team is responsible for building the payment products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world.
The Financial BI Engineering team has the charter for designing and building reporting data and analytics applications, while building and managing the related data environment and underlying infrastructure for all financial data at Stripe. Data Engineers on the Financial BI Engineering team build data pipelines, tools, BI dashboards, and SQL queries to support data consumers such as Accounting, Financial & Strategy, and Business Leaders. The use cases include financial reporting and statements, accounting close & auditing, core business metrics, financial forecasting, and financial data analytics.
- Collaborate across the company, including finance teams and product teams, to analyze and provide data insights for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform.
- Design, build, and optimize financial data pipelines, tooling, dashboards, SQL queries and interfaces to provide internal customers with usable, reliable, and toil-reducing means of data consumption.
- Develop interfaces and procedures to accelerate our Finance teams roadmap, including adherence to recurring reporting deadlines, financial analysis, and audit commitments.
- Design and implement systems to enable information needs that may not fit into a broader, scheduled data model or system.
The ideal candidate possesses many of the following:
- Have a strong analytical or engineering background and are interested in data.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experiences with building ETL data pipelines/datasets using at least one of the following frameworks (or something similar): Hadoop/Spark/Spark SQL/Hive/Pig/Presto.
- Working knowledge of Airflow or some other scheduling tool.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn general finance standards and processes, such as accounting close, financial statements, auditing, financial planning, and analysis.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs