Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a cleared Data Engineers to support ongoing operations in Springfield, VA. The selected candidate will support the configuration and ingestion of designated structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data repositories into capabilities that satisfy mission partner requirements and support a data analytics and DevOps pipeline to drive the client's rapid delivery of functionality. Maintain all operational aspects of data transfers, accounting for the security posture of the underlying infrastructure and the systems and applications supported and monitor the health of the environment through a variety of health tracking capabilities. Automate configuration management, leveraging tools, including NiFi, and stay current on data extract, transfer, and load (ETL) technologies and services. Work under general guidance, demonstrate an initiative to develop approaches to solutions independently, review architecture, and identify areas for automation, optimization, right-sizing, and cost reduction to support the environment's overall health. Apply specialized knowledge of data engineering-specific technologies and services, leverage expertise in databases and various approaches to structuring and retrieving of data, comprehend Cloud architectural constructs, and support the establishment and maintenance of Cloud environments programmatically using vendor consoles. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend client challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation, and design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with big data in a DBA, data engineer, or software developer role
- 3+ years of experience with Hadoop, Hive, MySQL, or Netezza
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Java
- BA or BS degree
- Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or MilCloud 2.0
- Experience with applying DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and automating that process
- Experience with storage fundamentals, including CIFS and NFS, and backup and disaster recovery processes a plus
- Experience with configuring and aggregating logs for data analysis using Splunk or ELK
- Experience with maintaining data transfer systems, including NIFI
- Experience with two or more programming languages, including C#, Java, .NET, or similar
- Experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes
- Experience with geospatial translation and development merging
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, RMF, and the implications of C&A and SA&A in a DoD environment a plus
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required
- Must be willing to undergo CI polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs