Machine Learning Engineer, Monetization
New York, NY
Posted 3 months ago
The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Monetization is often the most data-heavy, latency sensitive and technically demanding part of any online business. We’ve expanded our ads engineering team to New York to work on focus on problems around prediction and yield optimization.
We are looking for machine learning engineers to build and improve Reddit’s ad serving pipelines and predictive models. This team will focus on modeling to serve relevant ads to users utilizing Reddit’s rich dataset.
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that turns Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Build and maintain Reddit's machine learning and feature engineering pipelines for ad serving.
- Understand Reddit user behavior and ad quality to optimize ad performance and user experience.
- Use the scientific method to improve our models, relying on quantitative analysis and experimentation to ensure we’re moving in the right direction.
- Experience developing production models / pipelines.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C++, etc.).
- Familiar with large-scale data pipelines and ML / AI techniques. Spark / MLib / Tensorflow experience a plus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.