Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Waracle is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our friendly Digital Health team. You must be passionate and enthusiastic about data delivery architecture and enjoy optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
Waracle is already an industry leading team delivering digital solutions that transform how we live, work and play. We’ll not hide from the fact we have exciting growth plans and this has been recognised with our recent inclusion in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100, listing the UK’s fastest growing tech companies.
It’s an amazing time to join our team and you’ll be supported by a rapidly growing team of experienced specialists in design research, UX, UI, Scrum, product, data and cyber security, alongside developers specialising in native, hybrid and web technologies.
This position can be based remotely from anywhere in the UK and is open to both permanent and contractor candidates.
You will be responsible for expanding our data and data pipeline architecture to include new data transformations based on strict specifications. These in turn are published to downstream systems.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who is comfortable adding new components and optimising existing components in large data platforms. You will support our software developers, architects, data analysts and data scientists on this initiative.
- Strong experience using Python to ingest, transform, and publish large and varied datasets.
- Strong technical experience and understanding of data processing principles and architectures, in a cloud environment.
- Competent communicator, able to liaise with both engineers and stakeholders
- Continuous integration and deployment methodologies experience
- Ability to document and diagram all technical implementations
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Competent with various modern scripting languages (e.g. Bash)
- Competent with one or more NoSQL technologies
The benefits you can expect at Waracle include:
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – 31 days per year and a day off on your birthday.
- 35 hour working week
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Cover
- Medicash cover
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Enhanced paternity cover
Creative, adaptable, supportive are just a few of the words used to describe the Waracle team and culture. But above all, we celebrate the unique, champion diversity, encourage personality and our desire to grow is matched by our desire to see our team members grow. We love a challenge and our people are what make us. At Waracle, you’ll never stop evolving, learning, creating, moving.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs