Associate Director of Data Science (f/m/x)
We are looking for an experienced machine-learning leader to join and continue to grow our data science team in the supply chain domain, here at Wayfair.
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Our marketplace not only provides millions of people a unique purchase experience, but also strives for a great delivery service. To achieve this, Wayfair has been investing heavily in scaling up our global supply chain across Europe, North America and Asia. Our data science team is established to bring the optimization and automation in the supply chain to the next level.
You will lead a team of Data Scientists to pursue innovative ideas to build some core capabilities, such as more accurate delivery promises to our customers, cost estimation to optimally select suppliers or carriers. There are also newer areas where we would like to accelerate our contribution, e.g. fulfillment optimization for Wayfair's own delivery network. We believe that machine learning solutions are at an early stage for our supply chain and hence we are convinced that there is a substantial upside to drive efficiencies and have direct impact on customers, suppliers and carriers.
Come help us innovate and grow to our next $10B in revenue!
What You'll Do
- Coach, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of data scientists. Also, attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talents, while fostering an inclusive and collaborative team and culture (our latest DEI Report).
- Understand, frame, and translate complex business challenges to problems that are well suited to machine learning solutions.
- Working with a specialized team of Data Science Product Managers, Analysts and Machine Learning Engineers, you will drive the strategy, roadmap and delivery for your portfolio of ML products - from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its business value.
- Ensure we are developing scalable ML solutions and provide sound technical leadership in the process.
- Serve as an organizational thought leader and sounding board, by bringing a data-driven and algorithmic perspective to the table.
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders and evangelize the vision for your portfolio of ML products throughout Wayfair.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience in leading a team of data scientists and interfacing with cross-functional stakeholders.
- 6+ years of overall hands-on experience in the data science field (in a commercial / production-ready setting).
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred but not required, provided that you have enough commercial exposure (e.g. engineering, mathematics, economics, computer science, physics, neuroscience, operations research etc.).
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity and breaking down complex problems.
- Experience building and deploying production ML models at scale.
- Hands-on leadership with the ability to “get into the weeds” and provide deep technical coaching and mentorship to direct reports and skip-level stakeholders.
- Proficient in Python; Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, SQL, Airflow, cloud services (we use GCP but exposure to other cloud services is also considered relevant).
- A bias towards solving problems from a customer-centric perspective and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
What We’ll Gladly Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation packages (comprising of Base Salary, Bonuses and Equity). Full VISA sponsorship.
- Relocation support
- Full ownership of your wellbeing with our unlimited “Personal Time Off”,
- Paid volunteering work,
- Contribution to private pension,
- Commuting schemes (car, bike, public transport),
- Extensive internal training platform,
- Free access to LinkedIn e-learning courses and programs,
- Comprehensive financial scheme for Learning & Development opportunities and continuous education,
- Access to German language courses,
- Health & Sport memberships,
- Virtual child care,
- Global Wellbeing Program,
- Employee discount for Wayfair purchases,
- Corporate benefits
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs