Senior Data Scientist, Digital Growth and Commerce (DGC)
Markham, Ontario, CA
Posted 9 months ago
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn)
- Experience or coursework in machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python and R)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Experience in Agile development
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with team leader or managerial experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Doctorate degree in quantitative Field or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
- Proficiency with other programming languages such as R and SQL
- Professional experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
- Experience with data visualization tools
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.