Senior Machine Learning Inference Engineer
Santa Monica, CA, US
Posted 3 months ago
At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. Our Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing and commercializing self-driving cars and systems that enable point-to-point mobility in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe in Boston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, and Singapore, Aptiv is the first company to deploy commercial robotaxis to the public. Today, Aptiv has provided over 80,000 autonomous rides to members of the public passengers in Las Vegas — the world's largest public deployment of self-driving vehicles. In September 2019, Aptiv announced a 50/50 joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group, bringing together HMG and Aptiv’s advanced engineering and R&D capabilities, our global footprint, and shared commitment to advancing autonomous driving technology.Come work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility! The machine learning team behind nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Optimize deep neural networks for fast inference on the car.
- Analyze, optimize, and tune performance of the ML models on different hardware.
- Provide feedback to the ML team about choices of operations, model architectures, and parameters.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
We are looking for:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience optimizing neural networks for deployment (e.g. compression, quantization) and then deploying the networks on different ML accelerators and hardware architecture using ML deployment software (e.g. TensorRT, TF Lite, etc).
- Fluency in Python and C++.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience developing software as part of a team.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR…).
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Leadership experience is a bonus!
Job tags: Autonomous Driving Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch R Research Statistics