Data Engineer – Fraud Detection
New York, USA
Posted 3 months ago
We are looking for a passionate Data engineer to join our product area. Our mission is to accelerate Spotify’s growth with a trusted platform that provides insights and data to our partners. Our key goal is to develop approaches to detect, prevent, and mitigate undesired behavior such as account abuse and artificial manipulation on our platform.You will be joining a diverse team of data scientists and engineers that use machine learning, data engineering, security expertise, and deep theoretical understanding to solve some of the most advanced and important problems that we face.As a Data Engineer you will have a direct impact on the fight against fraudulent activity on Spotify. You will be implementing data pipelines and models on a team of data scientists and ML engineers, providing critical support that accelerate our anti-fraud capabilities.This position is based in New York, with the opportunity to travel to other R&D offices.
What you’ll do
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines to gather relevant data across Spotify
- Take on complex data-related problems and undertake data explorations
- Get hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, Scala, Scio, Luigi, Styx and Docker
- Opportunity to learn to design, build, ship and evaluate ML and statistical modelsDrive innovation by implementing new methods
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning data science, engineering and product management
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who you are
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or any other relevant fields of study
- 2+ years of professional data engineering experience working in a product-driven environment with technologies.
- Experience in building data pipelines (batch or streaming).
- Strong software and programming experience (Scala, Java and Python)
- Interested in being the glue between engineering and analysis
- Experience or interest in implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Scala, Python, or similar languages is a plus.
- Care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation.
- Possess strong communication skills and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
Job tags: Engineering Java Machine Learning Python R Scala Security Travel