Software Engineer - ML Platform
Software Engineer - ML Platform
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery, and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, and other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $100M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
Our team has over 35 Ph.D. scientists who contribute to a collaborative academic-like culture that fosters robust scientific and technical discussion. We strongly believe that data wins over opinions, and aim for as little dogma as possible in our decision-making. Our team members have expertise in a wide range of disciplines--from computational chemistry and structural biology to cloud-native best practices--and we regularly have internal seminars open to anyone interested in learning about these topics.
Our Engineering team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there’s plenty of opportunities for career growth and to have a significant impact on our success. Come join our team!
- Learn the process of AI based drug development.
- Have the opportunity to learn and improve how we run machine learning at scale to deliver new drugs.
- Play an essential role in designing, building, and testing cloud-based solutions consisting of 500+ CPU and GPU instances in a highly dynamic scaling environment.
- Foster high-quality and adaptable software using engineering and Agile best practices.
- Interact closely with our scientists (your users) to scope, design and implement software to tackle cheminformatic and machine learning problems.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bioinformatics Degree.
- Significant programming experience in at least one high level language such as: Python (preferred), Java, Ruby, Go, C/C++. Willingness to develop in Python.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of RDBMS - should be comfortable with SQL.
- High proficiency with the Linux command-line environment.
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of software architecture and software engineering principles, e.g design patterns, testing methodologies, etc.
- Knowledge of workflow automation systems, e.g argo, airflow, etc.
- Background in Biology, Chemistry or a related field.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner.
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Generous parental leave.
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development.
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs