Manager, Machine Learning (Sr. Manager/Director)
San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability or special need, please submit a request via our Accommodations Team and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Over the last few years, Instacart has expanded to 25 markets and partnered with 600+ retailers across North America.
The machine learning organization works on a wide range of challenging problems in the domain of e-commerce and delivery, many of which require deep optimizations using data driven approaches. We are looking for senior leaders in machine learning to join our fast moving team.
In particular, we are looking for a senior leader with expertise and experience in the following domains: knowledge discovery (e.g., from search logs, catalog data, or the web), graph systems (e.g., taxonomy and ontology), product knowledge graphs and their applications in e-commerce, etc.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will drive organization-wide initiatives using machine learning and data driven approaches to improve customer satisfaction and Instacart’s business.
- You will innovate in areas including but not limited to search, recommendation, personalization, knowledge base, computer vision, conversation, etc.
- You will recruit and lead a team of machine learning engineers and scientists.
- You will ship high quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will create external visibility by collaborating with the academia and publishing in top conferences and journals.
- 10+ years of industry experience using data driven approaches to solve real-world problems.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Expertise in data management, knowledge bases, and information retrieval.
- Expertise in machine learning for search optimization, discovery driven recommendations, or advertising optimization.
- Expertise in natural language and/or image processing for e-commerce catalog quality, enrichment and optimization.
- Expertise with deep learning methods and their practical application at scale.
- Extensive experience building scalable machine learning systems and data-driven products working with cross functional teams.
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs