Senior Machine Learning Scientist
About The Role & Team
Amplitude is the digital optimization system for helping companies build better products. Our stellar teams create best-in-class self-serve (no-code) software products that customers love, including Amplitude Analytics, the #1 rated digital product analytics suite, and Amplitude Recommend, the first truly self-serve personalization engine that combines product analytics and automated machine learning. Our platform offers state of the art user behavior data monitoring and analytics techniques, empowering 45000+ digital products, reaching a scale that only a handful of companies globally can reach.
The Data Science and Machine Learning team enables Amplitude to incorporate sophisticated machine learning and data mining solutions into our systems to allow our customers to better understand their users’ behaviors, and thus improve user engagement and business outcomes.
We are now looking for a top machine learning talent to join us in developing next generation machine learning technologies for product analytics and recommendation that will have a profound impact on hundreds of thousands digital businesses. For this particular role, you will be working with a team on sequential user behavior data based product relevance scoring, ranking, and recommendation.
As a Senior Machine Learning Scientist you will:
- Implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms on distributed platforms to solve real-world product analytics, user behavior modeling problems, and product recommendation problems.
- Designing new algorithms to find predictive patterns that combine heterogeneous data assets, including sequential user events data, unstructured text, and knowledge graph.
- Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
- Working with engineering teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms. Supporting customized projects by designing and implementing algorithms and statistical mining in internal systems for authoring, training, and shipping models.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- A master or Ph.D. degree in computer science or related areas with extensive research/project experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, optimization, natural language processing, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
- Track record in developing machine learning solutions using massive real-world data for solving real world business problems.
- Strong coding skills in Python with additional experience in Java and Scala.
- In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs