Data Scientist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
The Data Science team builds out strategic initiatives to optimize profitability across the business, as well as improve efficiency and build out automation that touch nearly all the functions at Brex.
- Clean, manipulate and analyze large, complex data sets, spanning a wide variety of sources.
- Meet the analytical needs of teams such as operations, marketing, finance, accounting and product.
- Drive the direction of the company through a mix of meticulous research and creativity.
- Research and recommend actionable solutions to nebulous business problems based on often unclean data.
- Generate and maintain reports and dashboards for internal and external consumers.
- Alongside business stakeholders and engineers, reconcile crucial data integrity issues.
- Communicate analysis results with effective storytelling.
- Inform our other data science and data engineering teams of broader business needs.
- Experience with SQL to pull, join and explore data generated by many disparate sources.
- Strong communication skills and have worked with different business functions and stakeholders outside of analytics.
- Comfort in tackling very broad data domains
- Expertise of SQL queries, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis with statistical packages, such as R or Python
- 5+ years experience in a data science or related data analytics position
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs