Auckland, New Zealand
If you love working with a diverse group of people who are all about putting the customer at the centre and enabling choice, you’ve found the right company. The energy sector is transforming at a rate of knots, and we want you to join us and be part of this transformation.
Vector operates a range of innovative businesses delivering energy and communication services to more than 600,000 homes and commercial customers across Aotearoa and the Pacific.
Because we live in a world that is changing fast, we must continue to identify and develop better solutions that will provide value, choice and service for our customers throughout New Zealand and beyond, so the environment and communities we love continue to thrive. To do this, Vector has a vision of creating a new energy future, which will help to deliver clean, reliable and affordable energy solutions for customers.
About the role
As a Data Engineer in our DevOps team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of Vector's cloud-based data solutions. You will design, develop, and release Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) data solutions to enable our data engineering, BI and data science teams to perform data transformation and analytical activities. You will design, build and/or implement:
- Data flow and processing pipelines for ingestion into AWS data lake using cloud-based tools and services such as Apache Spark, AWS Glue, EMR and Lambda
- Unit tests for the data processing pipelines as well as CI/CD pipelines in AWS cloud
- Data integration between machine learning models and other data processing pipelines using cloud-based services such as AWS Sage Maker
From time to time, you will also be required to provide DevOps support to the Enterprise Data Warehouse and BI Platform team as well as 24x7 on call support as and when is needed.
Who we are looking for
Ideally you’re a seasoned Developer with at least 5 years experience in a Data Engineer, Software Developer or BI Developer role and have worked in an agile environment. You’ve got experience and are capable of leading AWS cloud-based data engineering, development, along with hands on and technical experience with modern data and analytics services and technologies, such as:
- Distributed Data Processing Framework such as Apache Spark
- AWS data lake technology stack (S3, Glue, Athena).
- Data integration services (AWS EMR, Lambda)
- CI/CD pipeline development (CodePipeline, Terraform)
- Programming languages (Python, Scala and/or Java)
- Unit testing frameworks
- Machine Learning service such as AWS SageMaker
- Experience providing on-Call support.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working in a DevOps or DataOps environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Behaviour-Driven Development and Test-Driven Development.
In addition, you’ve worked on large-scale data engineering projects including requirements gathering, design and have working knowledge of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence stack (SQL, ETL, database and dimensional modelling).
What we can offer you
We love working together to create a new energy future. If you want to be part of an organisation with a real and tangible purpose, Vector could be the place for you. We offer:
- A fun, flexible and stimulating work environment, full of interesting work being done by smart and innovative people.
- Flexibility, including the choice of working from home a couple of days a week, and flexible start and finish times so you can balance work and life.
- Health and wellbeing support
- Great benefits that reflect the importance of family.
Vector engages a workforce made up of people and teams with diverse skills, values, backgrounds, and experiences. We respect and value people who are different from each other, including gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, race, and religion. We are proud of what we have achieved so far -
- First corporate Living Wage Accredited employer
- First Accessibility Tick employer
- Rainbow Tick accredited
- Winner of three gongs at the 2019 Diversity Awards NZ, including the Supreme Award in 2019 and 2020.
If you require assistance or accessibility support from us during the application and selection process, please do get in touch with us on 09 978 7636.
Interviews may be held as applications are received, so do not delay - apply today!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Athena AWS AWS Glue Business Intelligence CI/CD DataOps Data warehouse DevOps Engineering ETL Java Lambda Machine Learning ML models Pipelines Python SageMaker Scala Snowflake Spark SQL TDD Terraform Testing
More jobs like this
NTU Main Campus, Singapore NTU Main Campus, Singapore Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 100K - 295K * USD 100K+ *
Nanyang Technological University
Research Engineer II (CLIC Research Engineer)Computer Science Data analysis Data management Engineering Machine Learning Matlab +4
Career development Conferences
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs