Data Engineer II
MintelMintel is a global market intelligence agency. We provide market research, industry expertise & data insights to help you make better business decisions faster.
We’re looking for an experienced Data or Analytics Engineer to join our team developing, building and maintaining our Data infrastructure and pipelines. The data structures we create are consumed by application teams (using Python and AWS), data scientists (using Jupyter notebooks and AWS Sagemaker), data analysts (using Looker) and operations teams throughout the business.
Our team works on a stack consisting primarily of DBT, Snowflake and Terraform, though we also work with Fivetran, Python and the AWS stack. We are looking for candidates with general data and software knowledge and are considering experience in our specific stack a bonus.
We have a flexible approach to hybrid working and are open to discussing part time working for this role. The base office for this role will be in Belfast.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and optimize data infrastructure and pipelines: Work within a team to design and enhance data infrastructure and pipelines using DBT, Snowflake and Terraform, ensuring reliability and a high standard of quality.
- Establish coding standards and best practices: Drive consistency by setting and maintaining coding standards, documentation, and best practices for data engineering processes, fostering clarity and efficiency.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders: Engage with architecture, application teams, data scientists, data analysts and operations teams to understand data needs and provide effective solutions.
- Stay current and contribute to continuous improvement: Keep up with industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in data engineering. Actively participate in knowledge-sharing sessions, contributing to the team's continuous learning and improvement.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of real world development experience gathered as part of a data focused development or analytics team
- Experience with SQL - ideally within a cloud data environment (we use Snowflake)
- Knowledge of data modelling, data quality and cloud development concepts
- An understanding of git, CI/CD processes and infrastructure as code
- A high level of empathy for end users
- A willingness to learn and a focus on personal growth
- An enthusiasm for contributing to both new feature development and system reliability and performance improvements
- Experience with DBT (data build tool), Snowflake and Terraform would be a plus - this is what you will spend your time in day to day
What you'll get in return
- A culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working with a company wide hybrid working week.
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned.
- Social events, both within the department and across the company
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy back additional holiday.
- A day off to celebrate your birthday
- Giving back is part of our culture with this in mind Mintel gives each employee 2 days per year to give to a worthwhile cause.
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
Mintel is committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for all. 26% of our Engineering team and 23% of our Engineering leaders are women. We are proud to be a signatory of Tech Talent Charter, highlighting our goal of improving diversity within our team and supporting industry-wide improvement. We offer flexible working options and provide support, development and growth opportunities.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs