Commercial Data Analyst
London, England, United Kingdom
iwocaGet a quick decision on iwoca business loans ranging from £1,000 to £500,000. Repay in 1 day to 24 months with no penalty for early repayment. Fast, flexible finance for UK businesses.
At iwoca, we are driven by a powerful belief: small businesses deserve better. We won’t accept a world where they wait weeks (or sometimes months) for a loan. It's our mission to empower these businesses and fuel their growth.
Since our launch in 2012, we have stayed true to our guiding principles, and are now proud to be one of the biggest fintechs in Europe. Along the way, we have revolutionised lending with our cutting-edge tech platform, earned numerous industry awards, and made over £3.5 billion available to more than 90,000 businesses.
At iwoca, we’re constantly striving to improve the quality and efficiency of the service we provide to our customers.
We’re looking for a Commercial Data Analyst with a passion for data and analytics to power our direct sales strategy. The successful candidate will ensure we’re making data-driven decisions to help grow our sales channel, and will also develop and maintain the business intelligence (BI) and data infrastructure of the team. We’re looking for an independent thinker with a proactive, can-do attitude and experience of running their own projects.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Sales Team:
- Analysis: You’ll be the go-to person for operational and strategic analysis in the Sales channel. For example, analysing the return on investment (ROI) from our various lead sources, analysing the conversion rate of leads in our funnel, or helping our strategy team carry out randomised controlled trials. You’ll also track and monitor the performance of individual sales agents, identify trends and areas for improvement, and design intelligent metrics that give us the insight we need.
- Data infrastructure: You’ll build and maintain the data and reporting infrastructure needed to power your analysis. You’ll use BI tools to dissect complex data and turn it into manageable reports that business users can easily understand. And because we’re often experimenting with new service providers, tools and metrics, you’ll be central to ensuring our data is robust and helping us make well-informed decisions.
- Cost tracking: You’ll play an important part in cost tracking, ensuring the team is managing Sales spend effectively and feeding accurate costs into your analysis of ROI.
- Support: You’ll be the first port of call for the Sales team when timely reports are needed, data fields are not fully understood, or technical advice is required. You’ll take investigations or fixes as far as you can, escalating and working with other tech and analytics teams to resolve issues where necessary.
- Documentation: We believe in good documentation: when new internal processes are agreed, or reports are created or updated, you’ll ensure clear documentation is put together and maintained.
- Growth mindset - all of the skills and behaviours you need to succeed are learnable. Some will take more time and practice than others, so be patient and persevere.
- Deep curiosity - get to the fundamentals of a metric, a field, a plot, a Google sheet. Aim to know your reports or areas of responsibility inside out. Ask questions of yourself and where applicable, of others.
- Healthy scepticism - assume that at best everything can be improved, and at worst that everything is wrong or flawed. Challenge the business question, the brief and especially any reports or analysis inherited by or shared with you.
- Data analysis skills - through self-teaching and training or help from iwoca, you will become proficient with Development Mode and the SQL Runner in Looker, so you can build new reports and enhance existing ones.
- Excellent communication - use all the tools at your disposal to keep stakeholders up to date with the state of reporting and the progress of analysis. This includes documentation and posting in relevant communication channels or threads.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar analyst role
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Experience with BI Tools (Looker is most preferable, but Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik Sense or other similar tools will also be very useful)
- Basic knowledge of any coding language, e.g. e.g. Python, SQL, R, Java, Matlab
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
Desired (but not essential):
- Understanding of LookML or SQL
- Experience within a fintech or comparable industry
- Basic understanding of different financial products
- Background in Mathematics or similar
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankfurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom London, England, United Kingdom Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 75K - 121K * USD 75K+ *
Associate Data AnalystBusiness Intelligence Computer Science Data analysis Economics Excel Mathematics +3
Fertility benefits Fitness / gym Health care Insurance Medical leave +3
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs