Junior Data Analyst - Short Term Gas
Mexico City, Mexico
VeriskThe world's most effective and responsible data analytics company in pursuit of our customers' most strategic opportunities.
Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
Wood Mackenzie is seeking a Natural Gas Junior Data Analyst (Research Associate) to join our natural gas market data analytics team in Mexico City. Our team maintains and analyses Wood Mackenzie’s vast proprietary and public datasets to research trends and construct narratives using supporting data. You’ll also collaborate closely with some of the industry’s leading subject matter experts to deliver the insights that move markets.
The level of appointment to which band on the company banding structure will be dependent on your skills, experience and capabilities demonstrated at assessment prior to offer of employment.
The natural gas market data analytics team is responsible for ensuring accurate, timely, and complete data delivery to our products as well as delivering insightful market analysis to clients. Each member of the team has a regional focus but collaborates to deliver a cohesive picture. In this role, you will professionally grow towards becoming an expert on all aspects of your region beginning with the data that are the foundation of market research and continuing to macro-economic forces that influence spot and futures prices. You’ll take a quantitative and qualitative approach to understand the fundamentals of natural gas markets and analyze big data to support your insights. We deliver these insights to clients through products and direct interaction with clients. To succeed in this role you should be creative, detail oriented, and tenacious.
Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining the knowledge, skills and experience you have to make you a suitable candidate.
- The role is ideal for someone who is passionate about energy and data analytics with a drive to innovate and grow. The following qualities would be advantageous for any potential candidate:
- You have experience interpreting data and research to construct a cohesive narrative and can clearly convey this orally, in writing, and through data visualization.
- You excel at finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- You take on new challenges outside of you comfort zone but are also not afraid to ask for help.
- You enjoy collaborating with a team but are also able to work independently.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a quantitative focus.
In addition, any experience with the subject matter and skillsets used by the team would be a plus but is not necessary. The subject matter focuses on natural gas supply & demand fundamentals and associated datasets. The tools most used by the team include SQL, Python, Excel, and relational databases. However, we welcome any technical or industry knowledge and are always looking to embrace new technologies, programing languages, and skillsets.
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Inclusive – we succeed together
- Trusting – we choose to trust each other
- Customer committed – we put customers at the heart of our decisions
- Future Focused – we accelerate change
- Curious – we turn knowledge into action
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
WoodMackenzie takes your data privacy seriously, please click here to view our privacy notices: Candidate Privacy Notice | Wood Mackenzie | Wood Mackenzie / Candidate Notice - California
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs