Senior Data Scientist - Recommendations and Personalisation
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.DATAWe're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.LISBONOur Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!THE ROLEFarfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists and Engineers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our personalisation products. Your main goal is to enable the use of personalisation for every service across the Farfetch platform, as an example you will participate in the development of personalised recommendations, rankings and search results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms, mainly using collaborative and personalisation techniques;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Engage with business stakeholders, product managers and designers to help identify challenges and opportunities, deriving valuable insights and deliver a shared vision of a luxury fashion personalisation;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related areas.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Data Science related role, preferably working within a Retail and E-commerce environment.
- Practical contact with large-scale recommender systems or other personalisation systems in production is a plus.
- Experienced in online testing methodologies (AB Testing, Multi-armed bandits). Experienced in designing and analysing online experiments is highly valued.
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PySpark). Experience developing production software is a plus.
- Experienced dealing with large amounts of data and knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (DataBricks, Spark, Presto, Hadoop).
- Able to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Interested in keeping up to date with scientific advancements.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 1 0 0
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs