Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
As a Data Engineer you will build data pipelines to transform raw data into business insights. You will work with Product Managers, Designers and other Engineers in a cross-functional team focused on designing internal analytics solutions, to champion our internal data and assist colleagues in making data driven decisions.
You will be responsible for delivering performant, scalable solutions that meet the growing needs of our largest customers. You are able to clearly determine business requirements, model the underlying business domain and create documentation that other team members can leverage.
- Day to Day
- Develop algorithms and solutions to our data analytics problems.
- Develop metrics to measure the outcome/impact of your introduced solutions
- Develop and maintain APIs to support other teams in retrieving metrics
- Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
- Technical Duties
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions / decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate with our business and technical teams in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form to understand the analytics requirements.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Contribute to technical documentation such as technical design and as built documents
- Have a minimum of 2 years of professional working experience as a data engineer.
- Must be proficient in either Python, Scala, Spark or NodeJS
- Must have strong written and oral English language communication skills
- Preferred candidates will have good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and data warehousing concepts.
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge of BI technologies, methodologies, and their application is a plus
- Preferred candidates will have experience with AWS particularly AWS Glue
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development with sprints
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Medical Benefits for employee + family
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 20 paid leave days per year
- 12 days of paid holiday per year
- 13th Month Bonus
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs