Head of Growth Data Science
Remote - USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
You will partner directly with growth leadership to define and execute data roadmaps, and build systems of intelligence empowering the team while bringing forward actionable and inspiring insights to spearhead critical operational and strategic decisions across all aspects of growth at coinbase
We expect you to have a deep understanding of growth product and marketing domains such as acquisition, activation and retention tactics , and demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship. Also, you’ll spend the other part of your time collaborating with cross-functional partners in product and engineering, ensuring Coinbase scales in the most safe and compliant way.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of data scientists, data science managers and build strong partnerships with growth product and marketing teams
- Act as a strategic thought partner to growth product leadership and Coinbase executives; lead the team to execute on acquisition, activation, and other top growth priorities
- Partner closely with data and organization leadership to meet analytics needs and continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities, as a trusted and influential evangelist for data-guided decision making, while cultivating a culture of data at coinbase.
- Drive long term growth data strategies and planning in growth accounting and forecast, machine learning, experimentation and data infrastructure
- Expert knowledge in experimentation to find opportunities, unpack drivers and develop hypotheses to inform action planning with partners
- Act as the DRI for key growth metrics and insights at Coinbase
- Advocate for data guided decision and frameworks via empowerment of data usage across the growth organization
- Recruit and grow a premier data science and analytics team
- Drive data team and organizational level initiatives to scale our insights through better systems and automation
- Design communication structure and cadence with team members; Synthesize data takeaways (success or failures) into compelling narratives and communicate them throughout Coinbase
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree. Masters or PhD is preferred; Reforge program alumni is preferred
- Deep knowledge of growth analytics and data domains with proven track record of running a successful growth data team
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on leader of a data science/analytics team.
- Experience in both internal and external storytelling and executive presentations.
- Expertise with analytics tools, data visualization, sql, r, or python as applied to data science and analytics.
- 10+ years of experience providing business insights support for the executive team.
- Excellent ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in leading large teams with 10+ team members
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs