Senior Specialist - Data Management
Norwich - Willow
Marsh McLennanMarsh McLennan is the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy and people. We bring together experts from across our four global businesses — Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman — to help make organizations more...
UK Data & MI Team Claims Business partner
The UK Data & MI Team (part of Marsh Data Services) supports Marsh UK reporting needs across a full range of business topics including Claims.
What can you expect?
- As a Business Partner within the UK Data & MI Team, you will work closely with various stakeholders to help transform data into the information Marsh needs to run its business, with a particular emphasis on Claims related subject matter.
- The UK Data & MI Team is at the center of the delivery of management information across Marsh UK Practices and Functions, increasingly influencing global solutions as part of Marsh Data Services. The role offers the opportunity to combine business and technical skills/knowledge, advising stakeholders plus other colleagues within the UK Data & MI Team more involved with Development & Delivery activities.
- Improved engagement with the Claims function, to understand and translate their analytical/reporting requirements and priorities in terms of data capture and MI, both internally and for our Clients and Insurers (London markets).
- The UK D&MI Team is an established, central team that has been serving the business for 15 years or so. The successful applicant would be joining a vastly experienced team of Business Partners (making five in total), working very closely with the Development & Delivery team members (c. 15 Colleagues) and wider Marsh business.
- The successful applicant would benefit from a series of training sessions with relevant D&MI Team members as well as less formal time spent acquiring knowledge from other colleagues across the business functions and practices, wherever relevant.
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 27 days annual leave, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
We will rely on you to:
- Develop a good working relationship with the key contacts in each supported business area (with a primary focus on Claims) and acquire a detailed understanding of their business initiatives and specific MI needs and challenges.
- Analyse and document requirements for new or changing MI, in particular focusing on critical elements of scope (e.g. breadth of data needed, functionality, refresh frequency) and deadlines/relative priority of requests. Where relevant, conduct PoC / prototype activities to help formulate and verify new business requirements.
- Triage relevant requests with the Development & Delivery team members (conveying requirements, priority and agreeing approach to respond) and manage ongoing communications with requestor. Co-ordinate "UAT Testing" and feedback on usability of significant new deliverables.
- Provide practical advice and guidance on the effective use of all available MI tools including existing self-service options and published outputs to maximize their utilization and help evolve them to “excellence”.
- Represent business areas in the design of effective processes and usage of new/ upgraded MI technologies that are being introduced within the firm.
- Feedback significant data quality issues affecting MI used by the business areas and work with key contacts to develop and implement action plans to resolve.
- Share claims/insurance/business knowledge with other MI team members and provide practical support to them in liaising with business areas to manage delivery of projects.
What you need to have:
- Insurance (Claims focus) knowledge
- Business requirements analysis skills
- Relationship & Project Management
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
What makes you stand out:
- London Markets Insurance knowledge
- Data Modelling skills
- End-to-end reporting solution design skills
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Dnipro, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine Dnipro, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 124K - 187K * USD 124K+ *
Senior Data Scientist / Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile Airflow Computer Science Docker Elasticsearch Engineering +15
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs