Junior Data Scientist
London, England, United Kingdom
ValerannValerann is an innovative, cutting-edge, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) SaaS company specialising in AI, Big Data and Data Fusion technology.
Valerann is an exciting, rapidly growing Al mobility scale-up based in London and Tel-Aviv. We are a diverse and driven team that is making the road-based transport sector safer, greener, and more equitable through our unique Al and data analytics platform.
We work with governments and the world's largest road operators to make our roads safer, greener, and less congested. Our product already serves roads in Europe, the US, Latin America, and the Middle East and helps road traffic authorities to have a good understanding of real-time traffic conditions and risks.
We do that through data—a lot of data. Our algorithms constantly ingest and process very large sets of structured and unstructured data coming from a broad range of disparate data sources, including connected vehicles, cameras, and crowdsourcing platforms. Our know-how is in deep Data Fusion and Analytics. Our passion is to empower our customers with the tools to use that data to make our journeys safer and greener.
We have made tremendous progress to date, and we need your help to support our growth. We are looking for a junior data scientist to be part of our Data Fusion development effort. Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing automation in our data pipelines
- Curating, validating, and enhancing data in our database
- Improving testing and reliability of our services and algorithms
- Integrating new data sources (traffic/weather/etc.)
- Working on project-specific tasks
You will also have the opportunity to engage in the wider research and development activities, especially in the data fusion area.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Solid grasp of Python and familiarity with SQL.
- Aptitude for writing production quality code.
- Aptitude for thinking and developing algorithms.
- Excited about working in a research and rapid prototyping environment.
- Predicted (or achieved) grades of a 2:1 or higher in a STEM subject.
- No prior knowledge in traffic is required, but is excited about data challenges in the mobility space.
- Able to start as soon as possible.
- Willing to come into our London office in Camden — at least twice a week to begin with.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open AI Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open ETL Developer jobs
- Open Data Product Manager jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Data governance-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs