Data Analyst, Regulatory Reporting (Remote)
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Regulatory Reporting team at Oscar works in partnership with multiple teams (within operations and external to operations) to produce, document and extract data used by regulators to affirm that we always treat our members and provider partners fairly. We provide an additional layer of oversight over regulatory data deliverables and ensure continuity as our business grows. Our goal is to ensure that any evidence/data we submit to external regulators (1) meets specifications, (2) is subjected to QA processes, (3) is well documented, and (4) is reproducible for future data validation audits and objection handling. Our challenge is to ensure Oscar meets our growing regulatory obligations by designing, building, scaling, and improving on our data operations.
You will design and manage processes with a focus on de-risking our core operations, compliance and improving quality for core operational tasks. You will identify, scope, and implement development of foundational processes, scaling our regulatory operations, providing analytical support and summarizing the complexity of our data and operations into clear explanations to meet our regulatory obligations.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: AZ, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, VA. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Lead development and implementation of clear, scalable and dynamic operational processes which support regulatory and audit requirements.
- Develop, and prioritize operations roadmaps working cross functionally to implementation.
- Lead and cross collaborate on iterative problem definition and technical scoping to build solutions to improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Distill the requirements of new product and market expansions and design automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, and technical tooling
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Maintain relationships with relevant team members as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 3 years commensurate experience
- 3+ years of operations experience (process improvement, project managing, and lean operations)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- 3+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, VGA, Macros, SQL or Python
- Experience in knowledge management processes
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into business requirement
- Background in policy or governance
- Experience automating or designing data pipelines
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs