Senior Data Engineer
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Senior. Data Engineer to join our Insights & Data Warehouse Team. The role is based out of the Berlin office and will report to Engineering Manager - Insights & Data Warehouse. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
As a Senior Data Engineer you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like creating self service data pipeline capabilities for our data-driven teams and collaborate closely with product teams to optimize our data flows.
You’ll be collaborating closely with data-driven product teams, product and business analysts to develop and improve our products in the digital logistics business .
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes. You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
In this role you will
- Design efficient and robust cloud ETL workflows (star schemas, de-normalisation, batch vs real-time etc.)
- Lead technical discussions and decision-making processes in data warehousing & modeling topics
- Conduct data architecture design and code reviews
- Build state-of-the-art self-serving analytics platform that enables anyone within the organization to be data-driven
- Mentor junior team members on technical topics - code reviews / workshops / pair programming and help to build a engineering-excellence-centric culture
- Interact with a wide range of stakeholders from data domains - data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts, product & technology - product managers, engineers, and across the organizations
- Get things done and ready to deliver high-quality code / results
- Make positive impact on our company culture, promote engineering excellence, and drive
Preferably you are
- A hands-on developer -
- A technical thought leader -
- A data champion - intellectually curious, ambitious and have a high attention to detail
- An excellent communicator - superb English communication skills to a wide variety of audiences not limited to technical stakeholders
- A team player – approachable, collaborative and flexible with experience working in an agile, scrum-based environment
- An early adopter of modern data / tech stack - Snowflake, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow, Amplitude, Segment, Docker, Gitlab, Looker
- Proven expertise in implementing complex ETL pipelines based on a state-of-the-art tech stack (RDBMS, Spark, Databricks)
- Comprehensive knowledge of data modelling techniques for Business Intelligence systems (Star Schema, ROLAP, MOLAP) as well as advanced data analysis skills with SQL and Python
- Extensive experience of database management, SQL development, cloud-based Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.), and Python
- Working knowledge of CI/CD processes
We expect you to
- Be passionate about doing great work, and pragmatic about getting things done.
- To be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Explaining technical concepts to non technical stakeholders is something that you enjoy doing.
- Proactively provide solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making.
- Help define and share best practices of data product management across the organization.
- Be a decent human being. Be willing to help other people and share your expertise.
- Have a superb communication skills in English.
What you can expect
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs