Machine Learning Engineer, Search Ranking
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
About this Position
China is one of the largest and fastest growing travel markets and a critical piece to Airbnb's mission. Here we want to build a localized product team that best serves Chinese users and market, enabling everyone to truly "belong anywhere".
We are now looking for talented software engineers to work on search ranking and recommendation algorithms for Airbnb China, providing our guests and hosts an intelligent product and building a healthy marketplace that grows sustainably. This role would work on all parts of the ML stack from analyzing search data to building models, running controlled experiments, writing data pipelines, building ranking related infrastructures, and implementing online services.
We are looking for engineers with:
- 2+ years of industry experience or a PhD expert in applied machine learning in similar problems e.g. ranking, recommendation, ads etc.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Mastery in a single programming language like Java, Scala, Python or other equivalent languages is a must.
- Experiences with distributed data processing tools like Hive, Spark, Airflow, and popular ML frameworks like Tensorflow or Pytorch is preferred.
- Strong understanding of neural network/deep learning, and feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms. Proven ability to dig deep into practical problems and choose the right ML method to solve them.
- Professional fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English and Mandarin is a must
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Open Senior Big Data Engineer Jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs