Sr. Director, Data Science and Machine Learning
Los Angeles, CA
CenterfieldGet the business advice, tips, and resources you need to run and grow your business.
How You'll Contribute...
- Need to own problems from end to end so that you can best collect, extract, and clean the data.
- Ability to lead projects individually and deliver them on time.
- Experience with Realtime streaming implementation and architecture is a bonus.
- Experience building reports and data visualization with any BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Build high-performance, responsive teams of data scientists, and analysts that can gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately. Help to implement maintenance strategy for all datasets.
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding user needs and pain points and propose roles that data science can play to further this goal.
- Support data-informed decision-making, throughout the Product Org and broader company. Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Develop an investment strategy to define, grow, and maintain an exemplary data science organization.
- Constantly look for strategic ways to expand the charter of the Data Science team beyond causal inference, starting with Ranking Data Science, and Market-Place Dynamics
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally.
What We're Looking For...
- Deep technical background with an MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- 10+ Years working in a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or Data Warehousing Engineer role.
- Google Cloud Platform (Google cloud bucket, Google cloud fusion, Google Big Query, Google Analytics)
- 6+ Years leading teams to conduct research, in-depth analysis, and automation efforts.
- 5+ Years building repour and developing relationships with key stakeholders. Delivering against critical expectations for multiple priorities.
- 5+ Years Building models and various ML tooling.
Life at Centerfield...
- This is a hybrid position, and employees are expected to come into our Playa Vista, CA office every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Competitive salary + bi-annual bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested on day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award-winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Architecture BigQuery Causal inference Computer Science Data visualization Data Warehousing E-commerce GCP Google Cloud Machine Learning Mathematics ML models PhD Power BI Privacy Research Statistics Streaming Tableau
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance Lunch / meals Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus Startup environment Team events Unlimited paid time off Yoga
More jobs like this
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Research ScientistComputer Science Computer Vision Engineering Machine Learning PhD Research +2
Career development Equity Relocation support
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs