Data Science Associate
Hybrid Budapest, Hungary
Black Swan DataBlack Swan Data uses AI to unlock the power of Social data and accurately predict the future needs and wants of consumers.
Black Swan Data is a leading provider of data, software, and consulting services for the consumer goods industry. Our technology uses AI and social data to power the insight and innovation capabilities of brands like PepsiCo, Kraft Heinz and Heineken.
We are a values-driven company that is committed to our employee’s wellbeing and growth. We believe that our people are our greatest asset, and we want to create an environment where they can thrive.
An exiting opportunity for a Data Science Associate has opened at Black Swan Data. As a Data Science Associate, you will be responsible for handling and manipulating data, building and improving machine learned models, and producing meaningful analysis and high-quality code. During your journey you will get exposure to different research and development projects within a cross functional team of data scientists and data engineers.
What you will be doing and learning:
- Working primarily with social media text and/or time series data to provide creative data science solutions for our core Trendscope product line.
- Building and improving machine learned models and data pipelines, working quickly and accurately using machine learning and statistics libraries, and configuring Black Swan Data software when required.
- Collating and manipulating business data using an accurate and methodical approach to ensure high data quality and integrity.
- Analysing business problems and developing data-driven solutions.
- Ensuring that the software solutions developed are maintainable, robust, and accurate via collaborating with cross functional technical teams to address data-related issues.
- Working closely with engineering to deploy data solutions and productionise modelling prototypes.
- Picking up different tasks as required, ranging from green field research and development projects to proposing iterative methodological enhancements to existing internal data products whenever necessary.
- Gain experience on how to think and act as a professional data scientist in real-world situations.
- Building a good understanding of internal products, methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Showing tenacity in problem solving, maintaining drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
- Highly creative and comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders.
- Commercial problem-solving mindset, effectively understanding what drives value to our clients.
- Being a team player, willing to support others and engage with engineering teams.
- Being organised, and comfortable in an agile working environment.
- Providing daily progress updates, regularly documenting achieved results.
- Degree level background in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or a related field is advantageous.
- Understanding of data analytics, machine learning and statistical modelling approaches.
- Delivering clear and effective presentations of data analysis results.
- Ensuring that deliverables are produced promptly to the timings specified by senior members of the team and to a high standard.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively present and document the delivered work.
- Making appropriate use of networks to get the job done in the most effective and resourceful way.
Technical proficiencies needed are:
- Effective programming in Python, exposure to Scala development is advantageous.
- Experienced in using notebook development environments (Databricks, Jupiter or similar).
- Experienced in using data science related Python libraries (e.g., Pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy).
- Experienced in using data visualisation related Python libraries (e.g., matplotlib, Plotly Express, Altair).
- Experienced in working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experienced in data manipulation, cleansing, and sense checking.
- Experienced in using distributed version control systems, specifically git.
- Exposure to natural language processing, specifically large language models and generative AI approaches is advantageous.
- Exposure to working with deep learning models and the Hugging Face modelling ecosystem is advantageous.
- Exposure to cloud-based product development is advantageous (preferably AWS).
- Exposure to distributed computing on Apache Spark is advantageous.
- Effective use of standard office tools: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
We offer competitive compensation, a dynamic and collaborative work environment, and abundant opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty.
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it.
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes.
- We listen more than we talk.
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer?
Hybrid Working – Some roles will also be eligible to apply for 100% remote working.
Career Development - At Black Swan, we prioritise your development. We break new ground daily - and that provides every Swan with the opportunity to build career-defining skills and experience.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable! You will benefit from our global benefits: Share options, staff referral scheme, wellness day, development day, flexible working, internal and online training initiatives, volunteering opportunities at whiteswan.org.uk, birthday half day, social events, and a flexible leave policy.
Exciting Clients and Projects - We work with some of the world’s most pioneering CPG brands, and operate at the cutting-edge of our industry, solving our clients' problems with technology.
Talented Teams - We employ the best talent in the market – as a Swan you will be exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams across 3 continents.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction.
How about you?
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile AWS Computer Science Consulting Data analysis Data Analytics Databricks Data pipelines Data quality Deep Learning Engineering Excel Git LLMs Machine Learning Matplotlib NLP NoSQL NumPy Pandas Pipelines Plotly Python Research Scala Scikit-learn Spark SQL Statistics
More jobs like this
München, DE, 80802 München, DE, 80802 Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 60K - 94K * USD 60K+ *
Financial Data Analyst (m/f/d) - Local Data WarehouseComputer Science Data analysis Data warehouse Economics Mathematics Security +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +2
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs