Data Science Manager
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The position will be based in Visa’s Sydney office. We seek a data scientist with experience in data preparation, data analysis, story – telling and communicating insights to internal and external stakeholders . You will be working with VISA’s big data sets and in certain cases in conjunction with our clients’ data.
The candidate should possess hands on experience with associated technologies and ability to collaborate across teams and functions to deliver value to VISA and our clients.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to work on huge varieties of problems across Issuers business.
We need a dedicated, technical, proactive, and energetic who accepts challenges and is a confirmed problem solver.
What is Visa Consulting & Analytics?
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
- Work within the project team to support the design, development, and delivery of data science/engineering solutions to VISA clients, adhering to scope and timelines
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
- Providing mentorship to junior team members
- Partner with roles across the organisation including consultants, engineering, and data scientists to address prioritized business problems
- Build data driven solutions/data science models aligned with client's priorities and leading different vendors for the execution if required
- Break large solutions into smaller, releasable phases and seek feedback from product owners, clients, and other partners
- Define detailed scope and methodology, design and create solutions, and implement using appropriate tools and techniques
- Support development of a robust system for measuring and optimising the quality of deployed algorithms and models
- Maintain AI models in production to evaluate performance, model drift, and decay
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using VisaNet, external data and new modelling techniques fit for purpose to the needs of our clients
- Make sure that the legal/compliance/security related requirements are fully adhered to
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Qualification in Data Science/Computer Science
• Experience being data scientist/engineer or analytics consultant
• Hands-on experience in developing AI models, scaling data solutions, and delivering end-to-end data science projects
• Experience working with large and multi-dimensional datasets
• Proficient in implementing standard classification and clustering algorithms
• Proficient in big data aggregation using Hive, Spark, SQL and Python
• Experience with visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Strong internal team and external client management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, able to work effectively in a matrixed organisation
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn, self-motivated and results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects
• Ability to learn new tools and paradigms as data science continues to evolve at Visa and elsewhere
• Demonstrated resource planning and delivery skills
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with different cross-functional team members at varying leve
• Understanding of the Payments and Banking Industry including aspects such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-branded and merchant will be a plus
• Consultancy experience is a plus
• Experience in writing and optimizing efficient SQL queries, Hive, Python and Spark
• Expertise in dashboard and report development using Tableau or Power BI
• Good understanding of Agile way of working
• Experience in deployment, operationalization of Machine Learning models
• Experience with Apache Airflow would be an advantage
• Experience of cloud-based data science platforms would be beneficial
Business and Leadership competencies
• Quality-focused professional with strong problem-solving abilities and a proven track record in tackling sophisticated analytical challenges
• Detail oriented to ensure the highest level of quality in reports and data analysis
• Proficient in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations and delivery
• Skilled at presenting data-driven insights to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
• Exhibits intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Banking Big Data Classification Clustering Computer Science Consulting Data analysis Data Analytics Engineering Machine Learning ML models Power BI Python Security Spark SQL Tableau
More jobs like this
Alexandra (City Area), Singapore, … Alexandra (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 68K - 111K * USD 68K+ *
Manager, Data Analyst, Technology & Ops Risk Governance and AssuranceArchitecture Banking Business Intelligence Clustering Computer Science Data Analytics +14
Taguig, 00, PH, 0000 Taguig, 00, PH, 0000 Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 30K - 56K * USD 30K+ *
Japan Tobacco International
Data Science Project Manager-BGCComputer Science Data Analytics Data governance Data visualization Engineering Machine Learning +7
Career development Health care Home office stipend Startup environment Travel
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs