Tabular Data Engineer / Architect
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How? We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more significant. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the elegantly designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day—and the ones who harness the massive power of data to help companies move from data to insight, and from insight to action by delivering high quality content.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world by numerous “best places to work” awards. We are committed to helping each other grow through our Check-In approach where open feedback flows freely. If you’re looking to build your career, Adobe’s the place for you. Every day, we get to work with some of the most creative, analytical, authentic and inspiring people in the world.
We’re a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that’s why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you are passionate about leading, join us.
The BI data architect will be responsible for helping design and build data solutions to support the $2B+ Digital Media for Enterprise business, including Adobe’s flagship Creative Cloud and Document Cloud solutions.
Working with the product managers, BI developers, and the Senior Manager of Data Engineering, the BI data architect will analyze reporting requirements and help design and implement the necessary database tables and Tabular models.
In this role, you will be working with a complex assembly (100+ tables) of data sources from many business units which are transformed and integrated into a shared Tabular model leveraged by an expanding suite of complex Power BI reports.
The reporting requirements from the product managers are complex, and the shared Tabular model must evolve to support those requirements. Thorough analysis and thoughtful design are needed before implementing Tabular model changes. The reporting requirement analysis requires collaboration with product managers and BI developers, and the Tabular model and database changes require collaboration with the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Work creatively and analytically to solve problems in a fast-paced development environment.
- Become a domain expert in Adobe’s sales, support, and product usage data.
- Become intimately familiar with the team’s data warehouse and Tabular models.
- Analyze Power BI reporting requirements, especially in relation to data warehouse tables and Tabular models.
- Create derivative database tables to support reporting requirements.
- Modify and create Tabular models to support Power BI reports.
- Identify and debug data problems in warehouse tables and Power BI datasets.
- Identify deficiencies in Tabular models; recommend and implement improvements.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience designing, implementing, and optimizing SSAS Tabular models; 6+ years
- 10+ years of professional experience with BI and data warehousing
- Data architect skills; conceptual, logical, and physical modeling; integration techniques; access control strategies
- Strong SQL and database skills
- Experience with Power BI report development and DAX; 3+ years
- Strong requirement gathering skills; understanding the problem; efficient communication
- Ability to multi-task simultaneous projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience
Special consideration given for:
- Python, Linux, Bash; the team’s SQL-based ELT workloads are orchestrated/automated using these technologies
- Knowledge in Data Science, ML/AI application life-cycle
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $146,400 -- $275,000 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 536-3015.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.
More jobs like this
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 145K USD 98K+
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile APIs Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fitness / gym Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs