Lead Data Engineer
United States - Arizona - Scottsdale
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
Our company is growing rapidly and is looking to fill the role of Lead Data Engineer. As part of this role, they will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers and developers to design and build complex solutions for data and analytics platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing complex data pipelines and solutions.
- Strong experience in building distributed parallel systems and Data and Analytics space to tackle sophisticated data problems.
- Ready to learn new technology native to AWS cloud and build a solution using that.
- Provide support for all phases of testing such as integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Experience in building batch, micro-batch, and real-time ETL-based data models and providing analytics.
- Leading team member(s) in development and testing by conducting peer review for design and code for quality implementation.
- Collaborate with the business to develop the stories and follow them up with design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Innovate & adopt new technologies that can help business functions provide quality deliverables in less time.
- 5+ years of experience with designing and building data ingestion and data models for data and analytics.
- Hands-on experience in building data consumption and exploration using API.
- Hands-on experience in using Spark, Python, Hive, S3, AWS Glue, and Redshift.
- Experience in designing and building Real-time analytics and data pipelines from different sources to Redshift.
- Hands-on experience in Creating Data Models, Schema, Views, and other data stores.
- Experience using structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data like JSON, and XML.
- Working experience in Agile methodology, Sprint, JIRA, and Confluence.
LocationUnited States - Arizona - Scottsdale
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $85,000 to $170,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for our Annual Incentive Award plan, which rewards participants based on company and individual performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement.
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;" please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
More jobs like this
Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, … Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, 63017 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 188K * USD 121K+ *
Data Engineering and Data Science CoE - Commercial/FunctionsAgile Computer Science Engineering Industrial PhD
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 127K - 190K * USD 127K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Applied Sensor Analytics EngineerBanking Computer Science Computer Vision CUDA Engineering Keras +9
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs