Senior Data Engineer
India-Chennai (Ascendas Tech park)
ElsevierElsevier ist ein globales Unternehmen für Informationsanalysen, das Institutionen und Fachleute dabei unterstützt, wissenschaftliche und medizinische Fortschritte zu erreichen und die Leistung zu verbessern.
Senior Data Engineer
Location: Chennai, India
Datawarehouse, SQL, Snowflake, Python, Any ETL tool (Talend, Informatica, etc.), AWS, Glue
Context of this role in Elsevier
Elsevier is an information & analytics company with the mission of “Helping Researchers & Healthcare Professionals Advance Science & Improving Health Outcomes for the Benefit of Society”. The sales teams drive a significant proportion of Elsevier’s revenue and ensuring the reporting is correct plays a key part in incentivising the workforce.
This role is within the Sales & Marketing Technology group of the Digital Business Solutions unit of Elsevier Technology department, focusing on Sales and Sales Operations Business Intelligence. Sales BI team supports data pipelines and a data warehouse for providing analytics on Salespeople’s opportunity pipelines, actual sales, quota, forecasts, Sales operations, insights about customers, Elsevier products usage, etc. Data is ingested from various diverse sources, modelled, and transformed using Talend / Glue / DBT tools and stored within Sales data mart hosted in Snowflake platform. Users of data warehouse are analysts across various business functions using our data for their reporting using Tableau or further analysis using tools such as Knime.
If you are a data engineer with a track record of working on ETL data warehousing systems with strong SQL knowledge & programming language experience in Java or Python; and if you have a passion for working on the latest data engineering cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Snowflake, DBT this is the right role for you.
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization and provide numerous wellbeing initiatives like parental leave, holistic wellbeing through Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Headspace and wellness toolkits.
Purpose of your role
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer with good experience in building ETL and data pipelines. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be designing data-based solutions - typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to business stakeholders and translates their requests into solutions. The role will require performing complex research, design, and software development assignments, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional data solutions. This role involves working closely with product owners, architects, various technology teams, Dev Ops, and data analysts for developing new data pipelines and supporting existing data pipelines. Your success will ultimately be measured by the effectiveness, reliability and performance of the analytics and their contribution to ensuring the best outcomes for our business.
Your most important qualities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form relationships across the business.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
- Leadership and mentoring skills would be an advantage.
- Solid experience in data warehousing, ETL and SQL area
- Must have good knowledge of Data Warehousing principles, database modelling & design.
- Must have strong experience in SQL and experience of handling data with programming languages (Java or Python)
- Must have experience of working with ETL tools and processes (Talend, Glue, Airflow preferred).
- Preferred candidate with experience of working in Agile development and working with CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins).
- Preferred candidates with experience of working in cloud environments, such as AWS, Snowflake
- Nice to have experience of working on Jira and Confluence tools.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow AWS Business Intelligence CI/CD Data pipelines Data warehouse Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Informatica Java Jira KNIME Pipelines Privacy Python R Research Snowflake SQL Tableau Talend
More jobs like this
Mumbai, MH, IN Mumbai, MH, IN Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 188K * USD 121K+ *
GSSO - Data Engineering - Specialist / Sr. SpecialistAirflow Architecture Big Data Computer Science Data pipelines E-commerce +18
Career development Equity Relocation support Startup environment Team events
SG - Singapore SG - Singapore Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 188K * USD 121K+ *
Principal Architect - Data Engineering Platform (On-site, Singapore)Airflow Architecture Banking Big Data BigQuery Databricks +15
Career development Competitive pay Equity Snacks / Drinks Team events
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs