Data Engineer (Hybrid)
Toronto - 37.25
Ontario Teachers' Pension PlanAs one of the largest pension plans in the world, Ontario Teachers' invests strategically across key markets and sectors to deliver steady returns.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team within the Data and Analytics (D&A) Program. Working with a cross-functional team to develop the data architecture, models and integration services that provide a cross-cutting view of data from our many business domains to support the Member Services data strategy. Responsible for the data integration software and tools that extract key data from internal and external business systems and transform and load it to our data warehouse and analytics data environment.
Who you’ll work with
You will work collaboratively in a cross-functional agile Kanban team to bring new features and platform enhancements from conception to release by interacting with product owners, business analysts, consumers, and external product and development teams. Communicate and interact effectively with both technical and non-technical systems professionals, work independently and as a group on multiple work projects effectively.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the completion of high quality, well designed, and well tested data pipelines and systems that make appropriate use of technology.
- Participate in new technology investigation and make recommendations for new technology as appropriate e.g. latest trends on Data Warehousing, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning / AI, etc.
- Assist the team in maintaining currency in technological trends and directions continually upgrading personal technical and IT related skills through research, education, and self-motivated technology experimentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting, resolving of operational incidents/problems in both development and production environment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years development experience in a data domain
- Knowledge of current information systems and data engineering theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Understanding of data management/integration/warehousing patterns and platforms with experience implementing relational and multi-dimensional database structures using tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or other equivalent ETL/ELT technology.
- Strong SQL skills and experience querying large, structured and unstructured, datasets from multiple sources.
- Strong software development experience using object-oriented programming patterns and designs
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Exposure to various software development methodologies and practices such as Test-Driven Development, Automation, Continuous Delivery, Containerization.
- Experience with the following technologies (or similar): Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, UrbanCode
- Nice to have: SnowFlake or similar Cloud platform experience, DBT, Apache AirFlow, PowerBI, Automic/UC4
- Resourcefulness, creativity, good judgement, and ability to learn/pick up new things quickly.
What we’re offering
- Hybrid working environment
- Strong culture of innovation and experimentation with dedicated developer days to experiment with new and existing technologies to solve business problems
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
What we’re offering
Pay-for-performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
The opportunity to invest back into the fund through our Deferred Incentive Program
A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
Competitive time off
Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad in another region/country for up to a month each year
Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers'.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Functional Areas:Information Technology
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Architecture Computer Science Data management Data pipelines Data strategy Data warehouse Data Warehousing ELT Engineering ETL GitHub Jira Kanban Machine Learning OOP Pipelines Power BI Privacy Python Research Snowflake SQL SSIS Talend TDD
More jobs like this
Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, … Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, 63017 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 188K * USD 121K+ *
Data Engineering and Data Science CoE - Commercial/FunctionsAgile Computer Science Engineering Industrial PhD
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 127K - 190K * USD 127K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Applied Sensor Analytics EngineerBanking Computer Science Computer Vision CUDA Engineering Keras +9
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 145K USD 98K+
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile APIs Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fitness / gym Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs