Data Engineer III - NBC Sports Next
Orlando, Florida, United States
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
GolfNow has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer III. In this role as part of the Data Engineering Team, you work to manage the full lifecycle of our data warehousing needs. You will read and write complex queries, demonstrate the ability to create database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions) and create and maintain ETL pipelines. Our data warehouse and data operations are built on top of Microsoft and AWS technologies including MS SQL Server, SSIS, PowerShell, and other AWS cloud technologies. To perform this job successfully, an individual would need to be able to understand complex business processes, gather requirements, work efficiently, and verify their results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work within a small team of passionate data engineers and data scientists.
- Compile user requirements and specifications for reports.
- Contribute to the management of the day-to-day operations of running our Data Warehouse.
- Build, analyze and manage reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Respond to users to troubleshoot and/or improve existing reports.
- Collaborate with internal QA on customer acceptance testing.
- Develop SQL scripts and objects to support reporting functionality and performance.
- Build data pipelines and ETLs for loading source system data into the data warehouse for further reporting and analysis.
- Assist in building scalable data models to support reporting and tracking of key business and product metrics.
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the data operations across the business.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by management.
All candidates must meet the qualifications below:
- A minimum of 5 years of data engineering experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/relevant industry experience in data engineering.
- Strong understanding of AWS architecture and ETL processing
- Advanced knowledge of TSQL tuning
- 5+ years of experience working with Python
- Advanced experience and knowledge of T-SQL Microsoft SQL Server Database Platforms.
- Experience working with, assessing and improving cloud frameworks
- Experience understanding and enhancing cloud data engineering and analytics data strategies
- Experience with AWS cloud environment.
- Experience with AWS ETL tools including Glue, Lambda and step functions
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience working with Terraform
- Working experience developing and refactoring SQL Stored Procedures.
- Experience using source control with Git or Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with modeling data structures in both transactional and analytical platforms.
- Experience with one of the following BI Tools: Tableau, Power BI
Desired qualifications are as follows:
- Experience with SSIS is a plus
- Experience with PowerShell scripting is a plus
- Strong experience mentoring junior data engineers
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience working with SSRS reports
- Experience managing SDLC process with Atlassian tools. (Jira, Confluence)
- Able and eager to learn new technologies.
- Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
Fully Remote: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Architecture AWS Computer Science DataOps Data pipelines Data warehouse Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Git Jira Lambda MS SQL Pipelines Power BI Python SDLC SQL SSIS Step Functions Tableau Terraform Testing T-SQL
More jobs like this
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs