Senior Data Engineer
Englewood Cliffs, NEW JERSEY, United States
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the D&A team is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
We're looking for a passionate problem solver who’s looking to build the next generation of data pipelines and applications. Working across one or more of our main subject areas – research, marketing, engineering frameworks – the Senior Data Engineer role is right for you if you’re a “hands-on” coder who can build and cleanse large datasets in order to report out actionable insights.
In addition, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders, data engineers, visualization experts, data scientists, and other technologists across the business. If you’re someone who loves to take large, disparate data sets and build them into flexible and scalable analytics applications and databases, you’ve come to the right place. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us!
- Collaborate with business leaders, engineers, and product managers to understand data needs.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-native data engineering principles
- Design, build, and scale data pipelines across a variety of source systems and streams (internal, third-party, as well as cloud-based), distributed/elastic environments, and downstream applications and/or self-service solutions
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Implement the appropriate design patterns while optimizing performance, cost, security, and scale and end user experience
- Participate and lead in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, as well as release and deployment
- Build and manage relationships with supporting IT teams in order to effectively deliver work products to production
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering or related role
- Direct experience designing and building data modeling, ETL/ELT development principles, or data warehousing concepts
- Strong knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Deep experience in building data pipelines using Python/SQL
- Deep experience in Airflow or similar orchestration engines
- Deep experience in applying CI/CD principles and processes to data engineering solutions.
- Strong understanding of cloud data engineering design patterns and use cases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or quantitative field.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $115,000 - $145,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.
More jobs like this
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 145K USD 98K+
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile APIs Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fitness / gym Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs