Data Engineer II - NBC Sports Next
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
This role is part of our Youth & Recreational Sports group, comprised of technology platforms such as SportsEngine, GoMotion, TourneyMachine, and TeamUnify. We enable athletes, parents, coaches and team administrators in the youth and recreational space to manage their organizations, collect payments, share schedules, find programs to participate in and connect with other families. Additionally, NCSI enables leagues and organizations to properly screen and train coaches in an effort to keep kids safe.
SportsEngine has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer II. In this role as part of the Data Engineering Team, you work to manage the full lifecycle of our data warehousing needs. Our data warehouse and data operations are built on top of Amazon Web Services using a modern data warehousing stack which includes the use of Amazon Redshift, Apache Airflow and Sisense for reporting.
In delivering the key priorities of the role, the Data Engineer will;
- Work within a small team of passionate data scientists and data engineers.
- Contribute to the management of the day to day operations of running our Data Warehouse.
- Build data pipelines and ETLs for loading source system data into the data warehouse for further reporting and analysis.
- Assist in building scalable data models to support reporting and tracking of key business and product metrics.
- Build, analyze and manage reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the data operations across the business.
All candidates must meet the qualifications below:
- A minimum of 5 years of Data engineering experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field/relevant industry experience in data engineering
- Experience with AWS, Python is required.
- Working experience in building Data Marts and Data Modeling.
- Deep Experience and understanding of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift).
- Experience with any ETL (Airflow, Boomi) tools is required.
- Experience with BI Tools is a must (such as Periscope, Sisense, Tableau).
Desired qualifications are as follows:
- ETL (Airflow, Boomi, Stitch) tools.
- Python Programming
- BI Tools (such as Periscope, Sisense, Tableau).
- Database (Redshift)
- AWS (S3 bucket, DMS, Lambda)
Interested candidates must:
- Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our AI, ML, Data Science Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 145K USD 98K+
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile APIs Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fitness / gym Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs