Manager, Data Engineering
Universal City, CALIFORNIA, United States
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the Data & Analytics team (D&A) is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties.
As the Manager of Data Engineering, you'll lead exciting technical projects and manage budgets from start to finish, while transforming our internal engineering teams into efficient, scalable, and reliable forces. You're perfect for this role if you have a background in proactively removing impediments from the group, understanding the importance of clear communication, and is able to provide relevant reporting at both the team and executive level. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us!
- Thinking like a Data Engineer to help discover, design & build Data Engineering initiatives
- Manage budgets, vendors, resources & delivery of large, high-impact programs aimed at improving operational efficiencies for Data Engineering.
- Develop close working relationships with stakeholders to identify functional requirements for the data lakes, data warehouse, reports, and final data products.
- Ensure all technical projects are understood, documented, and progressing with complete visibility of all budgets, timelines, status, progress, dependencies, risks, opportunities, etc.
- Ensure all work is captured, vetted, planned, and tracked within JIRA, according to established practices
- Help the product teams and development teams achieve their goals aligned with program roadmaps and initiatives
- Lead development teams in self-organization, time, budget management and workload balance
- Define project roadmaps: ensure all milestones are met, risk is communicated, and data quality is never compromised.
- Prioritize department project work, delegate responsibilities effectively and ensure accountability
- Leverage prototyping methodologies to propose and design creative business solutions that exploit our broad toolset of technologies.
- Collaborate with the IT platform, infrastructure, and architecture teams in introducing and integrating new analytics/data tools into the organization.
- Participate in the department’s data governance initiatives: assist in developing, promoting, and enforcing documentation, data standards and quality in the Data & Analytics programs.
- Organize and socialize metadata resources, such as data lineage documents, data mappings, data dictionaries, training documents, knowledge base/wiki, etc.
- Coordinate final production releases with project team, platform teams, business team ensuring communications, release notes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with Strong Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems background
- 7+ years of progressive experience in solution development building of data Engineering products
- 7+ years of experience with SQL or other data discovery/analysis platforms in a capacity supporting day-to-day operations.
- 7+ years of experience in a business-facing data engineering role and proven track record of related success
- 7+ years in data warehousing projects with at least 5 years of full life cycle experience in implementation and support of DW Solutions
- 7+ years of work experience in system design and development using various tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: Python, SQL, AWS, Snowflake, Big query, S3, Glue catalogue, Athena, airflow, etc.,
- Experience with Digital data transformation & data feeds related to OTT & finance.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Quality, Metadata, ETL and Data Warehouse methodologies and technologies.
- Proven ability to architect and design a large-scale data solution that allow rapid ingest, processing and responsive interaction with massive data sets.
- Experience leading and managing multiple teams – preferably in the data engineering space.
- Experienced with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing and developing workflow, Agile, or ITSM management systems.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Action-oriented – You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices
- You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to design concise and visually appealing reports, user interfaces, mockups and documentation.
- Strong analytical focus, results-oriented and execution driven, with the ability to align technology developments with the generation of potential competitive business advantage.
- Ability and desire to work within a cross-functional team environment with people from multiple business units, vendors, countries, and cultures.
- Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames
- Committed and solution focused with the ability to perform under pressure and meeting targets
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $130,000 - $160,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.
Tags: Agile Airflow Architecture Athena AWS BigQuery Computer Science Data governance Data quality Data visualization Data warehouse Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Finance Jira Power BI Prototyping Python Snowflake SQL Streaming Tableau
More jobs like this
Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 90K - 150K * USD 90K+ *
Data EngineerAgile Computer Science Data governance Data pipelines Data quality Data visualization +10
Career development Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Parental leave +1
New York City, United … New York City, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 98K - 145K USD 98K+
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Machine Learning EngineerAgile APIs Architecture AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Fitness / gym Health care +4
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs