Software Engineer–Machine Learning
Canada, BC, Vancouver
WorkdayWorkday Enterprise Management Cloud gives organizations of all sizes the power to adapt through finance, HR, planning, spend management, and analytics applications. Move beyond ERP and deliver extraordinary results in a changing world. Learn...
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the TeamThe Workday Machine Learning for Financials team researches, builds and deploys, at scale, the engine that powers the heart of Workday’s intelligent core, a platform for 37+ million users and growing.
Our engineers work with innovative technologies and help build real-life products that improve the lives of the world's finance professionals.
We are motivated to be confronted with challenges to address problems reviewing, recommending, and reconciling financial transactions. Using engineering resourcefulness, we have been able to implement an outstanding tech stack, and we are always moving forward with it. We are looking for creative, focused on delivering products, and skilled machine learning and software engineers to help on a range of these challenges. You will realize that the sky is the limit to your growth–all while having fun!
About the Role
As a Software Engineer–Machine Learning, you will have the opportunity to tackle significant problems, which comes with developing and delivering global critical enterprise software using your expertise in design, coding, algorithms, and complexity analysis. Your primary focus will be to:
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software improvements
- Take initiative, exhibit creative thinking, have the determination to turn data into real-life insights
- Work on problems related to performance, scalability, and resilience
- Design and develop a product in a development environment where decisions are based on data
- Write and maintain robust, efficient, and testable code using design patterns, object orientation, and machine learning frameworks
- Collaborate with team mates on code reviews, knowledge share, hackathons, etc.
- Provides thoughtful and productive code review feedback that is seen by teammates as a significant improvement
- 3 or more years of demonstrated experience with the development of software systems or use of machine learning algorithms in real-life products
- 2 or more years of verifiable experience with an object-oriented language such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Proven experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with Product Managers, understanding business requirements, and translating them into technical
- Writes modular, idiomatic, and stylistically consistent code that is easy to read and is well documented.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Shown familiarity UML modeling and diagrams
- Experience with unit testing tools and integration tests tools
- Experience with JSON, Avro, and other data structures and integration technologies.
- Experience designing and developing business applications (knowledge of Financials products a plus)
- Must be strong at working in a team setting and able to communicate superbly well
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.Primary Location: CAN.BC.VancouverPrimary CAN Base Pay Range: $98,400 - $147,600 CADAdditional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $112,500 USD - $204,000 USD
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
More jobs like this
Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, … Chesterfield, MO -Missouri, US, 63017 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 121K - 188K * USD 121K+ *
Data Engineering and Data Science CoE - Commercial/FunctionsAgile Computer Science Engineering Industrial PhD
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Research ScientistComputer Science Computer Vision Engineering Machine Learning PhD Research +2
Career development Equity Relocation support
Oak Ridge, TN, US, … Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37830 Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 127K - 190K * USD 127K+ *
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Applied Sensor Analytics EngineerBanking Computer Science Computer Vision CUDA Engineering Keras +9
Career development Competitive pay Fitness / gym Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Principal Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist jobs
- Open Data Quality Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Manager jobs
- Open Business Intelligence Developer jobs
- Open Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Open Head of Data jobs
- Open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Databricks-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs